Areas of expertise
The Association provides differentiated services to its associates in order to adapt to their needs and reality – as not all companies have the same concerns and difficulties.
Associates represent an important part of the country’s economic life, as their overall turnover amounted to 11.9 billion euros (2007 data).
The Association promotes Family Businesses and seeks to give them a voice within the national economic, social and political context.
In Portugal, it is estimated that over 70% of businesses are family-owned, contributing to 50% of employment and 65% of Gross Domestic Product.
The Association exists to help Family Businesses improve their management, broaden their knowledge and prepare them for the one thing we can be certain of these days – change.
After the challenges are identified, we offer the solutions:
• Specialised services (with the support of Assistant Associates);
- Events: congresses, seminars, conferences, courses and workshops;
- Internship exchange programs between Family Businesses;
- Editing of documents and publications.
The Association develops a set of activities, of which the following stand out:
Internal Awareness Activities
• Thematic Encounters
• Courses and Workshops
• Work lunches and breakfasts
• Organisation of Family Reunions
• Production, Edition and Distribution of specialised publications.
External Awareness Activities
Cooperation with Public and/or Private Entities such as:
- National and International Business Associations;
• City councils;
• Chambers of Commerce and Industry;
• Academic Environment, National and International;
• Government Departments;
• International organisations;
Collaboration with various media
The Portuguese Family Businesses a member of European Family Businesses, an organisation founded in 1997 by the French, Spanish, British, German and Italian Family Businesses.