Assembleia Geral das EFs27-03-2017
Inicio em Abril de 201703-04-2017
21 e 22 de Abril, Porto21-04-2017
26 & 27 April 2017, London, UK26-04-2017
12 a 14 de Maio12-05-2017
EUA - BOSTON - Building a Worldclass Board for the Family Enterprise27th-29th - March 2017 Boston Massachusetts, USA27-03-2017
Building a Worldclass Board for the Family Enterprise
March 27-29, 2017, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
A 3-day Education Program on Corporate Governance for Family Companies
The program is an orientation to corporate governance for family companies.
Participants learn the fundamentals of boards, such as the role and responsibilities of the board, the difference between a board of directors and board of advisors and when to use each, the right agenda for a board, how the board of a family business should interact with and represent the family and owners, the role of the board Chair, how to effectively serve as an independent director and family director, evaluating the board, recruiting and compensating board members, and common pitfalls to avoid when establishing a new board or running an existing board, among other topics.
TODAY’S BUSINESS LANDSCAPE sees an accelerating rate of technological change, unprecedented competition and increased globalization. More than ever before, family companies need high-performing, strategic boards that help the owners think about the company’s future. Having a company that is well-steered by a strong board is a significant advantage for the owners of family companies.
The Building a Worldclass Board for the Family Enterprise program provides an orientation on the fundamentals of boards for family companies.
How would a high-functioning board benefit your company and owners? How do you create a board, manage it, strengthen it or change it to meet the current and future needs of your business? How do you best contribute as a director on a board of a family business? How do you lead a family business board that you chair?
Over three days, through rich discussion, classroom sessions, exercises and Harvard case studies, participants will understand boards more deeply and acquire skills to effectively contribute as board members now and in the future.
Topics and themes include:
BENEFITS & TYPES OF BOARDS
- Why have a board?
- What does the data reveal about good boards and company performance?
- How can owners maximize the value of their board?
- What are the different types of boards, and which is right for my family business?
- What should a board provide to the owners and the company?
DUTIES OF BOARDS
- What are the responsibilities of boards?
- What is the board’s role in setting strategy, monitoring performance, overseeing management and CEO succession?
- What are the proper boundaries and means of coordination between shareholders, management and the board?
- How can boards effectively connect to the owners and family, particularly with growing sibling and cousin ownership groups?
COMPOSITION OF BOARDS
- How do you compose an effective board? Who should serve on it? What is the appropriate size? What are appropriate qualificationsfor family directors and independent directors?
- What is expected of directors?
- How do you recruit and compensate board members?
- What are appropriate terms of office and retirement ages?
- What are special considerations when recruiting independent directors?
- How can family directors contribute appropriately to the board?
- Which board committees are necessary?
BOARD PROCESS & LEADERSHIP
- What does an effective board meeting accomplish and look like?
- What are the best practices for effective board agendas?
- What is the role of the Chairman vis-à-vis the CEO?
- What are the qualities of an effective Chair?
TRANSFORMING A BOARD
- How do you create a new board? How do you improve an existing board?
- How and when do you turnover your board members?
- How do you evaluate your current board?
- How does a board become a successful decision-making group?
- How do you prepare the next generation of board members?
NOTA : Associados das EFs têm 10% desconto na inscrição. Não é Associado? Contacte-nos!Informações e inscrições por favor contacte:Secretária Geral: Dra. Marina de Sá BorgesTel: +351 213 466 088